Monday, July 18, 2011

Friend Therapy

So as you can see by my pictures,(see below as well) I had a lot of friend therapy. All these wonderful women came and helped me get through a very difficult weekend. There were many tears as I walked along the beach, and my friends all came over and hugged me. We had a devotion on the beach as well Sunday morning that invoked tears as well. But we also had many many laughs. We played a game called "Apples to Apples" and the later it got, the sillier it got and we all laughed so hard I thought I was going to fall off my chair. Do you know how long it has been since I've laughed that hard? Ages and ages and ages. And these dear women helped me. What would have been a heartbreaking weekend, turned out to be one of the most wonderful weekends ever. I do not know how anyone gets through troubling times like this without friends. It was the best therapy ever. And now I'm planning a trip to go see my beloved sister the end of this month. That will be more therapy. We "talk" every day through e-mail, but its just not the same. And my precious niece will be joining us as well and that will make things even more wonderful. I have something to look forward to. I'm anticipating buying some great books to read during the flight as well as fun times with my sis and niece. The last time we were all together was one of the saddest times ever and its time to make new memories that have fun and laughter in them. Precious family and friends......God has certainly blessed me with them, and for this I will be forever grateful.









1 comment:

  1. What a terrific group of gals! I'm so glad that you are busy making good memories, Jan, and have such great people standing by to do it with.
    Apples to Apples can be hilarious, at any hour! It's one of our family's favorites.
    God bless your time with your sweet sister and niece. And, know that my prayers for you never end. I love you.

    ReplyDelete